Friday, December 22, 2006

Mojo update

Wow, I finally made my way back to the blog. I have been quite busy these days with my transformation. I moved into an apartment (finally!) in November. I love it; the complex has brick exterior apts with hardwood floors and plaster walls (built in 1950s). It's also closer to my job downtown and right next to an arboretum and a few blocks away from the rec center and pool.

I'm on vacation now just taking it easy, handling some tasks and doing a lot of reading. I also cut my hair off! I have a TWA (teeny weeny fro) as they say. I got tired of the relaxers and want to relearn my hair in its natural state. I'm also changing my diet and going more green. I have a host of resources if you guys are interested. I'm hoping to start a simplicity study group soon. If you want to know what I'm reading, it's ceruleansanctum.com, simpleliving.net,unconventionalideas.com and coopamerica.com.

K-Young, glad to hear of your progress. I just canceled two credit cards this month, leaving me with one for emergencies. I am reading Your Money or Your Life by Joe Dominguez and Vicki Robin, which is excellent. I'm quite disallusioned by the prosperity gospel and am looking for Christian teachings that align more with the message of Jesus as humble servant instead of victorious king (for balance-sake).

I hope we can revive this blog! Ttyl. Mojo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home